How your iPod can make you smarter!

It’s the beginning of the new year people! It’s time to get back to work and figure out how to jump higher, run faster, and get smarter. And, I propose to do this with my iPod.

This is the year that I’m going to give my iPod some love. Instead of reverting to my old habit of ignoring my iPod and opening iTunes on my computer, I will use my iPod for real this time. In fact, I’m currently listening to my iPod instead of plugging my earphones into my computer. (Well, I probably have to do this until I purchase an external hard drive for my computer and clean out those music files that are causing the gerbil to die from overexertion. Seriously, if I run 5 applications at the same time, I start weeping.)

At the beginning of the year, I purchased two accessories for my iPod (an FM transmitter and an armband because at the beginning of the year, I thought I’d take up running. WHATEVER.). Being the cheapskate that I am, I still haven’t received these gadgets (overnight shipping is overrated), but hopefully I’ll receive the package tomorrow.

In the meantime, I downloaded a few (NPR) free podcasts. Here they are, and here’s what I think of them.

KCRW’s Bookworm: Okay, I miss LA and may have downloaded a few KCRW podcasts. Anyway, I thought I’d subscribe to this so that I would be inspired to read more. Um, I guess I’ll give the host another try, but he speaks so SLOWLY. I might have to delete this one.

KCRW’s Design & Architecture: This totally sounded potentially cool. And yet, they were talking about felting. No offense, I think felting is awesome, especially if your a kid felting at a Waldorf school. Actually, I think it can be pretty, but this program made it sound dull. We are zero for zero so far.

KCRW’s Film Reviews: They have Joe Morgenstern, who is the critic for the Wall Street Journal, which I subscribe to. Is it bad that I enjoy listening to bad movie reviews?

KCRW’s Good Food: Excellent podcast. Last episode they talked about Three Kings Day, drinking vinegar after your meal, and using human breast milk in cuisine (EWWWW, I know, but the Evan Kleiman and guest were trying to figure out if this was real or not).

KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic: I know, stop with the KCRW podcasts already, but I need a podcast that will help me become cooler. Yes, I am not cool enough, and considering that someone the other day mistook me for a THEORIST, I have to do something to fix my image. On a different note, I’m totally bummed that Nic Harcourt is no longer the host (when did this happen?!), but Jason Bentley is pretty awesome.

That’s it for now; more next week. Until then, I will hopefully be at the gym working out to Carmen Electra’s Ultimate Workout Mix Volume 2.