Hat Tip to Baseball Organists

Happy start of baseball! Yes, I know this is a sad attempt at a new music blog, but I can't let this day pass us by. But here is something to think about:

In 2004, the Wall Street Journal published an article entitled "At Dodger Stadium, a Noteworthy Figure Loses Playing Time," (Normally I would link this article, but it's so old that I had to use my student status to link to my library to see a commentary of this article. Bah.) But anyway, the article states that Dodger Stadium organist Nancy Bea Hefley has been losing time to canned pop music during the game, and this forces her to play only before the ballgame and during the seventh inning stretch. Yuck. I guess according to this article, Cubs fans would be rioting if the same thing happened at Wrigley Field. No kidding.

Anyway, I hope that your various teams have a great home opener this week (except for the GIANTS, because the DODGERS are way better).