santa's got a brand new bag

This is a quick note that Flight 710 to Cabo San Lucas will be performed TODAY at 3 PM (EST) as part of the Living Music Series in Lexington, Kentucky, along with new pieces by TR Berry and Danny Clay. I'm looking forward to hearing those premieres!

On a side note, I want to set the record straight: I did not rip off Stravinsky. I know a lot of people think that the beginning of this piece sounds like the "Rite of Spring." Nope. The tempo of "Sex Machine" and the tempo of the beginning of my piece is exactly the same. Maybe I should have the pianist count it off for us. Or recite the whole monologue.

And, here is another quick note: my composition student and his dad gave me a framed picture of a young James Brown. It's him pre-James Brown hair.

It's going in my office. I hope my other two officemates don't mind.