interstate videos part 1


This week I should probably chat about my lovely trip down to North Carolina where I saw white squirrels and waterfalls and Miller Asbill and his students, but unfortunately I need to postpone that blog post and substitute it with another blog post I should have written two weeks ago. Why? Regrettably I either need to be grading that pile of orchestration projects or thinking about OWU's Music Day or not be watching a silly science fiction drama on Netflix.

So, here is the film entitled Highway Hearing, produced by Dow Chemicals, about this local community and its debate to construct an interstate highway close by their town. The debate gets heated (many townsfolk are against it) until a Miss Helen Rathburn speaks up and encourage everyone to think how the interstate will benefit their children. Because only a woman can be sensitive and caring enough to think of the wee ones.