cadillacs for microphones: brevard

I'm fully convinced now that I'm not the best at blogging: I should be diligent and consistent with posts and, I don't know, write posts with actual content so that my readers ooh and ahh over my insightful musings. I should also write about my trips as soon as they happen and not wait three months later to write about a wonderful trip to Brevard when everyone is now wondering how my trip to Vietnam went.

It went well, thank you. I'm surprised I wasn't terribly jet lagged.

So…Brevard! I visited in late October/early November to finally meet Miller Asbill and visit the school I'm writing a wind ensemble piece for.


Friday

9:00 a.m.

I drove from Charlotte to Brevard. (Yes, I did attend the SMT nerd conference.)

11:00 a.m.

Arrived at Brevard College in time to give a presentation in Miller's Music Tech class. I was showing his students how I use my website, blog, and SoundCloud page, and while I played a piece of mine, a cute dog jumped on my lap. Why can't all composer talks involve a happy dog wagging its tail while you played your music?

2:00 p.m.

Met with Sarah Moser at Brevard College. Her music students will also be involved with this piece by making graphic-score musical contributions. Details will be discussed in a later post (and yes I will get to it!).


4:00 p.m.

Miller showed me around. I suppose if I had to move out to Brevard, I probably wouldn't mind it too much.




It was great meeting you Miller; I had a fun time. And I can't wait to work with you and your ensemble. See you in April!